CONNECTING THE DOTS…..DEVELOPING YOUR POLITICAL ACUITY SKILLS
Building your political acuity will help you and your team to influence decisions, achieve organizational objectives and identify critical impacts and outcomes.
This one-day course will cultivate your political acuity by developing the skills and knowledge you need to:
• work with formal and informal systems
• build and enhance relationships
• utilize new and emerging practices and
• negotiate within organizational cultures
Practical examples will be used to illustrate these skills. Learning will occur through individual and group exercises, case studies and discussions.
In this workshop you will learn about:
• professional and ethical responsibilities;
• political acuity – what it is, its benefits and how it can assist you in a brilliant career as a public servant;
• the importance of understanding, building and strengthening key relationships;
• analyzing environments and understanding the implications on your organization and your work;
• strengthening your ability to provide strategic advice and direction.
This one-day workshop will include individual and group exercises, case studies and discussion and will draw upon the experience of those in the room to complement the knowledge of the workshop leader.
The workshop leader is Ronna Hope Warsh who is a seasoned public servant with experience in the not for profit, provincial and municipal sectors.